Friday, October 10, 2008

Football


I have always liked football but recently I have grown to really like it! Tonight Meridian (where I work) and Oak Grove are playing- it is a new rivalry for Meridian, but our kids are SERIOUS about it. Connor has his Wildcat jersey (we've got to get Anna's outfit together) and we are going to tailgate with some friends (I know- tailgating at a high school game? we are SERIOUS!!). The better part is that I get to see many of my choir students in action. I have some in the band, some in ROTC, and some on the team (no cheerleaders this year- working on that!). I always forget what a big deal it is to them to see me there as well. For example, one of my basses stopped me in the parking lot today. "Coming to cheer me on, right?" he said. "Of course- can't wait!" I replied and he smiled and walked away. See in his situation, there may not be any family coming. Wonder if they have seen him play? But we will be his family tonight...

I guess that is another aspect of teaching--we are their family too. By the way, Anna is VERY excited to see Wally, the wildcat. GO CATS!!!

No comments: