Wednesday, September 16, 2009

can't sleep.....

So, cruise was wonderful (WOW!!!), school has started well for Connor, Anna, and I, and life is back in our routine.  But right now, I can't sleep.  Nothing is wrong.  Danny is on another trip to the DR, and that has gone well.  Four people have met Dad.  I think I am just more high strung, quite frankly, because I am the "single parent" this week.  I have to be sure and get the kids up and ready, get all of the MANY details together for school and work, and answer calls from friends and family (of course, they are calling to check on me).  Nevertheless, it is as if I can't really relax. 

So, last night it led me to my typical random thoughts.  Dad grants sleep to those He loves... and most of the time I rest well- but it was a case of letting circumstances take over my rest.  Hmm... wonder if those who can't sleep also struggle with letting go of things they can't control?  It is a bit over-simplifying of things, I realize. 

Letting go is so important.  Many who try to control things actually make it worse.  Most know it, but I am reminded of the old thought....

Dad, Grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference.

Some days I get it better than others.....

No comments: