Monday, June 15, 2009

Connor at CRS

So, this is really a big summer for our son Connor who is 7. Right now he is at Camp of the Rising Son (www.campoftherisingson.com) in French Camp, MS. I worked at this camp for 7 summers during my high school and college years. I had no idea how hard it would be for me to take him to camp. Of course he didn't know it. But after I left him, I felt nervous for him. Who would help him get to activities? Who would make sure he is not left out? Is he going to brush his teeth?

Crazy, I know. I used to make fun of "those" camp mothers..... Now I am one. I am really proud of myself- I haven't called to check up on him yet! Honesly, camp will be a good experience for him. He naturally is a follower but has incredible leadership skills. This will be a great way to help him bring that out.

If you want to read details reagarding his football camp, go to Danny's blog- http://buzzardroostus.wordpress.com/. It was tons of fun for him (and Dad!).

Meanwhile, Anna- our precious Anna. She is so incredibly verbal that I often forget that she is only three. Dad is at home with her while I am still taking courses in Hattiesburg. Poor Dad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad to see your updating your blog more often. I'd quit checking. Maybe now I'll have to check it more.