Saturday, December 13, 2008

a moment to breathe...

hmm.... I may not be as good at blogging as I thought... :)
Life is good here- My Meridian High Wildcats became state champs, beating the 98-winning streak South Panola, MSU has a new coach, and I am close to Christmas break! Right now, Danny is in the Dominican Republic on a mission trip with students from the Meridian CC BSU. He thinks they are a super group of young adults who are really open to serving our Lord. It should be a super week. For Connor and Anna it is not so unusual having Dad gone. They handle it well and I think they understand why he is gone. I am enjoying a nice calm in between 10 performances for the month of December with my school choirs (AAHHH!!!- what were WE thinking!!!???!). Today we stayed at home and played in the house all day. I did some grad work, but even the kids stayed in their pj's all day. We don't get to do that often but today it was a nice break. Maybe this is what the holidays are REALLY about- rest with family!

2 comments:

Joanna J. said...

Hi Jennifer! I'm glad your family is well. We're having our big Christmas Program with Wintley Phipps tonight at Travis. It should be really good. Todd's playing percussion and I'm singing. We miss you! I hope you and yours have a restful holiday.

jennifer said...

Are you at Travis?!?! (maybe I forgot about that...) we LOVED Travis! Danny was an intern for Bro. Mike and I think the WORLD of their daughter Allison! Aww... I miss them....