Sunday, October 31, 2010

Section 705

I have always spoken of the fun we have as a family at MSU games.  We have had season tickets now for 4 years- through both the good and the bad.  This year has been unusually good (and I will admit that we are NOT used to it!) and it has been tons of fun! 

It is a great time for us to be with Danny's parents and extended family.  We have joked about it, but there is some truth.  If we are going to see our family, then it helps to be at an MSU event.  Danny and I were both State fans LONG before we met and we both get it honestly.  My dad is an alum and his grandfather was a huge fan.

We love our section- after 4 seasons, you get to know those around you.  So word has spread that Danny is a pastor, but Sat night they were reminded greatly.  At the beginning of the game Danny starts "preaching" to our fans (and those that could hear in Section 704) that since we couldn't use our cowbells we should YELL!  His father was also yelling about it (see in the past I could simply ring my bell while Danny was yelling at everyone and it would appear that I was being a supportive wife but the bell allowed me to tune him out...APPARENTLY SEC doesn't understand, but I digress...).  So, off we go YELLING (with our bells resting) and wouldn't you know it?  Josh Boyd had a sack.... Pretty sure, it was the Davis men in Section 705 that did that!  Trust me, the yelling never stopped.

Honestly, Danny is correct- we should encourage each other- not just in sports, but in life.  Keep doing good, and keep others doing good.  Most of the time I enjoy doing that... but when I am discouraged, I know that Danny is there to ring his cowbell for me-- at the appropriate time, of course!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you honey! Nothing like giving you a hug and kiss after the Dawgs make a big play. That's why I'm hollering so loud. The more big plays...the more hugs and kisses!

jennifer said...

you are cute....