Friday, August 13, 2010

BACK TO SCHOOL

I have taught a full week of school this week.  Things have gone well.  My friend, Ellen, is teaching her first year (and she will be SUPER!) this year.  She wrote this note and I am really excited about what she wrote.  Here it is (and I hope this link works):

http://www.facebook.com/#!/note.php?note_id=416604131853

I teach in a Title 1 school and really like it.  This is a good reminder that I should enjoy my kids.  "They don't care what you know until they know that you care" was a common quote from Dr. V in my WCU days... It is especially true in Title 1.  I have found that my kids need to feel emotionally safe before I can teach them new things.


Thanks Ellen!  She is so special to me and her family is LIKE family to us... wish we lived closer :).

jennifer

No comments: